Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Good Wife...

"Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her lifelong." Proverbs 31:12 (The Message)

When I think of the word spiteful I think of  unforgiveness. I think of someone who is hanging on to bitterness and in turn treating the other person without love or compassion; deliberately doing things to upset them, hurting them on purpose. I hope I never EVER become a spiteful person. I know there will be times in my married life that will require forgiveness on both my part and Derek's, and I know it won't always be easy, but I pray that it will always be fully given. Generous means marked by abundance or ample proportions... that's a lot of forgiveness folks! Last week I talked about the importance of trust. Without trust I think forgiveness is next to impossible! By creating a strong, trusting relationship on the good days, I think forgiveness will be more easily granted on the not-so-good days. Also, by first putting our trust in Christ, we will be better equipped to forgive as He does.

No comments:

Post a Comment