Sunday, February 6, 2011

A Good Wife...

 "A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds."  Proverbs 31:10 (The Message)
The majority of Proverbs 31 talks about "a wife of noble character." I've been inspired by this passage for quite awhile now, and even more so since becoming engaged. I want to be this woman, seriously!! I've decided to devote Sundays to Proverbs 31... each week I will post a verse and explain how I hope to live it out in my own life. I think it will be a fun thing for me, and maybe a challenge for you as well. Since that first verse is kind of vague, I'll do 2 this week...

"Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it." Proverbs 31:11 (The Message)
This is sooo important ladies!! I feel like one of the biggest causes for divorce these days is a lack of trust, whether it leads to adultery, financial lies, or just bitterness and contempt, a lack of trust is so detrimental to any relationship. It's hard to explain how I will live this out, I mean, it seems so simple, but I'm sure there will be times of struggle. Derek and I plan to share a bank account and we already know each others passwords for various things, which I think will be two ways of remaining accountable. I also think that by trusting Derek without question will help him trust me. Honestly, it's hard for me to make a plan of trustworthiness because I feel like Derek and I have a pretty trusting relationship already (we live 8 hours apart folks, what else is there but trust?!) Anyway... that's really vague. Not the best verse to start out with for this concept, but probably the most important! Any suggestions on how you maintain a strong, trusting relationship??

No comments:

Post a Comment