Monday, March 7, 2011

Was your weekend as short as mine??

Sooo. I haven't blogged in a bit. Mostly because there was a slightly last minute visit with my man. Yay for unexpected quality time!! He came down on Saturday and just left this afternoon. There was actually a reason for his last minute trip, but I can't tell you. It's a secret.  shhhhh. :)

It was a great weekend. Just ridiculously short as always. Sad. :(   I'll be seeing him in just about a week though. I'm making a trip to the metropolis of Garden City during Spring Break {next week}!!!

I also spent some much needed quality time with my bff before Derek got here on Saturday. Sushi and thrifting, what could be better?? If you wanna see pictures of our impromptu photo shoot you should check Anna's blog. Fun times. Always

Here's some things I picked up on Saturday. And by picked up I mean purchased.
A few frames {that will "frame" the centerpieces}, some embroidery hoops, a milk glass vase, super cool mirror {that will probably become a chalkboard-- the actual mirror is kinda messed up}, and a mustard yellow suitcase that I just couldn't pass up. :)  I also got a super cute, light blue jacket.

Here's a question though... how do you feel about a "honeymoon fund" at the wedding?? Anna had an idea to make some sort of cute display with the suitcase and a mason jar that said something about helping with the honeymoon. I've known people who have had a "dollar dance" or "money tree" but I can never really decide how I feel about blatantly asking for people's change! Care to contribute your two cents, eh, I mean, thoughts?? ha

4 comments:

  1. i kind of wish we would have done something. i read on a blog about a couple that just had a guitar case opened for money and they got lots. i say go for it! it can also be used as an easy place for cards that are filled with money and gift cards. just put it next to the gift table and make a little sign so people know what it's for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude...I really wish we'd done that! Then maybe Husband and I would have actually HAD a honeymoon. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I am at a technology workshop, and I'm playing on blogs. Shhh! Don't tell!

    Anyway, I see you're a new follower! How fun! Thank you!

    Love your vintage finds. I'm obsessed with all things vintage too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dilan and I are doing something similar to that. We don't really have much for our wedding registry since we both have lived on our own and neither one of us felt it was right to just go scanning away at "stuff". I vote yes, I'm sure you will enjoy it if you had a little extra cash you weren't expecting :)

    ReplyDelete