Sunday, March 27, 2011

Annnd I'm back! {+ A Good Wife}

Hi hi! After my 2 week hiatus I have decided to come back to the blogging world {or should I say try to come back?!}  What is the reason for my absence you ask?? Well.... I don't have one. ha I just haven't been feeling it, so I haven't blogged. I also have been much busier lately, so I haven't had all the extra free time I was starting to get used to. I got a semi-permanent subbing job, so I'm kind of like a normal person again! lol  As much as I enjoy a vacation, I really need to work. I just get so bored and mopey when I don't. Plus, even though I had so many good ideas for crafts and projects while I wasn't working, I still couldn't do them... cause I was broke!! It's a catch 22 I suppose.

Anyway, on to regular Sunday business: A Good Wife...

"She looks over a field and buys it, then, with money she's put aside, plants a garden." Proverbs 31:16 The Message
There are 2 aspects about this verse that I hope to bring to our marriage: money smarts and gardening. I shared with you before that I had read one of Dave Ramsey's books and I am all about trying to follow his principles {now I just have to get Derek on board}! For some reason, I kind of enjoy budgeting, something about the organization and planning process makes me feel large and in charge! Ok, maybe not so dramatic, but it does give me a sense of control, makes me feel like I have money and I know where it's going. Ya know?! So I definitely hope to contribute sound financial decisions {or opinions} to our relationship.

I also would loooove to become garden savvy!! I love love love fresh veggies in the summer and I really hope to have a nice big garden one day, but until I have a yard of my own I'm gonna practice on a smaller scale. I'm planning on growing the majority of the flowers for our wedding {tons of wildflowers} and I hope to start an herb garden when I move to Kansas. Derek and I have already been looking for some cute little planters that we can straddle on his balcony for pretty flowers, herbs, and maybe some tomato or strawberry plants if we can squeeze them in. So far I have pretty much zero experience with growing things {my dad grows a small garden every now and then and my mom has been known to kill silk flowers-- kidding mom ;), so I haven't been exposed to it much}but I really, really want to. So we'll see... I have a lot of good intentions.

How cute are these?? Surely it's not that hard.
source

source

source

No comments:

Post a Comment