Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Good Wife...

You might have noticed I skipped last week's Sunday post. {or, you might not have.} I was busy being a good fiance, spending time with my man. We spent the afternoon with his brother and sister-in-law and also found Derek's wedding suit!! Fun times. It seems like there are more and more details coming together now. So exciting! :) Anyway, on to this week's verse...
"She is up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family and organizing her day." Proverbs 31:15 (The Message)
Uhhhhh. Yeah. Not gonna lie, I'm anything but a morning person. I'm pretty sure it's best just not to even talk to me before 10 am. 8 am on a good day. ha!  I'll definitely have to work on this one. I would love to be that wife/mom that has breakfast cooking and cute little sack lunches packed, complete with a sweet little love note, but.... I just don't know if I see that in my future. Maybe one day if I get to be a stay at home mommy I can do that. And then I'll just take a quick little nap after everyone else is off to school/work.

But who am I kidding... by that point in my life I'll probably be used to the exhaustion of being up all night with babies and toddlers, that I won't even bother with a nap.

Sorry Derek, you might have to wait awhile for this verse to kick in. It's gonna take some hardcore motivation!

Maybe if I had a cute little alarm clock like this one {from Urban Outfitters}  :)
but who am I kidding?? probably not.

1 comment:

  1. I really want that alarm clock too! There is another one I found at Target that looks a bit like it! You should check it out.

    ReplyDelete