Tuesday, February 15, 2011

How was my weekend, you ask?

Fabulous, just fabulous!

As I mentioned before, Derek and I spent our Saturday-Monday in Wichita {our long-distance-relationship-halfway-meeting-point} Yeah. We got to take a long weekend cause Derek gets a day off in celebration of his birthday {nice, huh?!} So he used it yesterday instead of last Wednesday. Since we've been engaged these short little weekend trips seem to go by even faster... cause we actually have things we need to accomplish. Unfortunately we only accomplished 1/3 of those things. grrr. I'm blaming the hotel's poor wifi connectivity. Geez people, this is 2011, get better wifi!!


We had a good trip though, just not a productive one. Some of our friends from OK came up and met us, which was fun.We also had lunch with some of my family {and I got to hold a cute little baby. Gotta love babies!}We also stopped by this great little donut shop Sunday morning.We discovered it on our last trip and it immediately became a must-do for anytime we're in town. It's so cute and it has a ton of crazy flavors!! Some of them don't even really sound good, but if you're like me you just have to try them anyway! haha Curiosity killed the cat and whatever. 

Isn't it cute?? The rooster was the first thing we noticed as we were driving around downtown one night. It's more of like a coffee lounge than a donut shop... late hours, sweet hang out, that sort of thing.

Our Sunday breakfast... my donuts were Cherry Citrus {SOOO good!} and Caramel Cheesecake. Derek got Orange Cream and Maple Bacon, that's right, BACON. On a donut. {Ok, I kinda made him try it. Cause he really likes bacon} And to drink: Earl Grey for me and an old fashioned soda for Derek. And if you're wondering, yes I did make that awesome snuggie. :)
Here are just a few of the cute features that you can expect at the Donut Whole... unique tables, random artwork, and a ton of cute vintage pieces.
Seriously folks, if you guys are ever in the Wichita area, this place is legit! I mean, I don't even really like cake donuts {which is all they serve} and I can't get enough. And who doesn't wanna try crazy donut flavors?! So fun! I was this close to getting Buttered Popcorn {topped with popcorn, not sprinkles.} If they have it next time, it's mine.

Oh, ps... I think I'm gonna try hot yoga tonight!! :) This should be interesting for a few reasons...
      1. I've never tried yoga. Well, seriously at least
      2. I sweat like a man. It's gross!                                                            
      3. I'm going with someone who makes me laugh. A lot. I don't think you're supposed to laugh during yoga. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment