Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Good Wife...

"She's like a trading ship that sails to far away places and brings back exotic surprises." Proverbs 31:14 (The Message)
I think this week's verse is kinda funny. I mean, I'm sure there could be a deeper meaning in this verse, but even my NIV version says something about bringing food from afar. The reason I think this verse is so funny is because it's pretty accurate in our relationship. Derek is such a picky eater. And I love trying new foods. It's kind of ridiculous how opposite we are when it comes to food. I must say, he is a pretty good sport most of the time, and indulges me when I want to try something new, but I know cooking for him won't always be the easiest task. When we first started dating Derek pretty much ate chicken strips and cheeseburgers. all. the. time. He definitely hasn't changed his personal preferences, but since we've been together he's tried: Japanese, Indian, Thai, Vietnamese, and Afghan, not to mention a wide array of chocolates from Russia and Europe {we like to splurge on fancy chocolate occasionally! :)}

Let's just say, I do my best to introduce him to the exotic... I'm just not sure how much it's appreciated.

Speaking of exotic foods... have you ever tried Ethiopian food??  I had in when I was in Tanzania. It's definitely different, but now that its on my mind I'm kind of craving it...

Happy Sunday folks! Try to add some exotic to your life this week!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment