Monday, February 28, 2011

Baby Steps

Ok. Here's the deal... I kinda need to diet. You know, so I feel my absolute best on my wedding day {and night ;)} Did I just say that?! Anyway...

I don't really know how to diet. :/ I've never really had to, so I don't know where to start. It's not like I need to drop 50 pounds, but 10-15 would be nice. Or even just toning up would be great. I keep telling myself that I'm gonna start working out {I even had Derek buy me an exercise video for Christmas... it's been used 1.5 times :/} but I just cant get motivated.

Soooo I decided baby steps would be best. Starting today {or kinda yesterday} I'm saying good bye to my beloved Dr. Pepper-- and all his friends for that matter. No more soda for me! Yikes!! I've done it before, but it only lasted for about a month. And I have 5 months till the wedding... this could be tough. 

I'm still trying to decide where I stand with sweet tea and coffee {my other vices}. I think I'll go insane if I give up all 3, so I'm thinking maybe a weekly limit or something. But the jury's still out.

I definitely don't like this part of wedding planning, but I saw a picture of me the other day that was taken a few weeks ago. And my face has gotten a little round! ha {let's not talk about the tummy!!} So I guess it's necessary.

Like I said, this is definitely a baby step, but at least I'm trying. Does any one have any great {and practical!!} weight loss tips??

2 comments:

  1. i feel like since i've become pregnant i've started eating healthier. i think about what i'm putting into my body constantly... because what i put in my body is what baby gets. i've become huge on fruits and veggies. DON'T EAT OUT (as much). i wouldn't go cold-turkey on no DP... because that's a giant step, not a baby step and you'll realize with all the planning and stressing it's nice to have a cold coke every now and then. limit yourself. i let myself have one as a treat now since i'm pregnant and have to have a limited amount of caffeine daily. also, read this blog... it is motivating because she used to be us!! and she gives yummy, healthy recipes. http://inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com/ and i cant run now since i wasn't a runner before, but anytime you want to go on a nice walk around the park let me know! ok, longest comment in history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jamie! You probably don't remember me, but oh my I can't believe you are getting married! You have to still be like 10 years old!!! You are beautimous so, I wouldn't worry too much lady. Love your blog and am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete