Saturday, February 5, 2011

25 things...

Because I know you're dying to know more about me and the awesome wedding that I'm planning I thought I'd share 25 things (ps... I stole this idea from my friend Lesley, thanks Lesley!)

1. The date is July 23

2. We're having a morning wedding... 11 am to be exact

3. The wedding is outside, at a super cute place (don't worry, I'll tell you more later... it deserves a post of it's own)

4. Casual, Casual, Casual

5. Casual + Reception = BBQ! That's right, hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, baked beans... you know where I'm going with this

6. Can anyone say DIY?! There are so many DIY elements it's ridic! Derek says I'm taking on too much... we'll see.

7. I don't really have a strict color scheme, but when anyone asks I say "dirty pastels" and if I'm talking to someone I don't know very well I say "antiqued pastels" (so much classier, don't cha think?!)

8. I'm not choosing a Maid of Honor... I'm calling them the Lovely Ladies instead. You see, I've been really good friends with all of my lovelies for a really long time (the one I've known the shortest amount of time has been my friend since 1st grade, that's 16 years people!!)

9. We really wanted our dogs to be in the wedding, but we decided it was a bad idea. :(

10. I'm pretty sure 100% of my decor is either handmade or from a flea market

11. We're making the bridesmaid dresses. Cause we're cool like that.

12. Derek and his groomsman are all going to wear pocket watches handed down from their grandfathers (how cool is that?!)

13. I'm going to wear a chapel-length veil... I think they're sooo romantic!

14. I really really want to wear light blue/ turquoise shoes, but so far I can't find any... wish me luck!!

15. I'm having trouble finding simple, gray tuxes for the guys to wear. :(

16. My wedding dress is super cool! I love it. I'd tell you more about it, but I'm afraid Derek might read this

17. We're making quilt-top table runners... and then one day, I'll make a quilt out of them! :)

18. There's gonna be a dessert bar. Yummo

19. The guest book will be a "thumb-print tree"

20. We have 2 flower girls and a ring bearer (and they're all super cute!)

21. Mason jars, old books, buttons, tea cups, old things, etc

22. I'm pretty much making all the decisions by myself... cause Derek lives 8 hours away. Sad.

23. I'm thinking wild flowers, garden roses, and ranunculus, but I haven't met with the florist yet

24. We're honeymooning in TORONTO!!! Can't wait!

25. 168 days from today I'll be a Mrs.!!

3 comments:

  1. :)

    michael's mom planted a whole bunch of flowers early spring and there were so many by wedding time. know of any family members with a green thumb? waaaay cheaper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't wait to be in your wedding! its going to be such a fun day! yaaayyyyyy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley- I was actually planning to try that idea... I like the idea for bouquets and possibly even for decorating (I'm thinking galvanized tubs!) I'm kind of nervous though, I've never planted anything and none of my family does much gardening either. :/

    Anna- I can't wait for you to be in my wedding!!! and I can't wait to have a wedding! ha

    ReplyDelete