Monday, February 7, 2011

Discovery...

So today I did something I've never done before... I cooked in a slow cooker. I know, I know, you're thinking ooo that's so cool, why don't you go chill over there with my grandma. But really, I was impressed. With myself. I don't know about you, but whenever I think of slow-cooker-food I think of either pot roast (blah) or little smokies and rotel (not-so-blah, but the super bowl was yesterday... not having a party any time soon... not that I had a super bowl party, or even watched it for that matter) Anyway, moving right along... I cooked in a slow cooker and didn't cook any of those things! Now are you impressed?? Yeah, didn't think so. But it was really good. I made orange chicken. mmmm So, if you have a sudden urge to cook in a slow cooker (which you probably will after reading this inspiring post) you should try this recipe. Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

ps... I didn't follow most of that recipe, but I did follow the sauce part (which is what makes it orange chicken, so that's the most important part) I would recommend making more sauce though, if you're gonna put it over rice anyway. 
(So I realize this isn't the most appetizing picture. But it was really good.)
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go watch The Bachelor... cause I like trashy television like that. It's a weakness people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment