Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Good Wife...

"She shops around for the best yarns and cottons, and enjoys knitting and sewing." Proverbs 31:13 (The Message)
Hey guys! You probably forgot, but it's week 3 of my Proverbs 31 project. And I like this week's verse! :)

I don't partake in sewing as much as I'd like, but I do enjoy it quite a bit. Something about the hum of the machine puts me at peace I think. It can be kind of relaxing really, especially if it's something I'm just working on for fun. I'll admit, the actual cutting and piecing can be kind of stressful {I'm a Type B perfectionist... who knew that was possible?!} but the sewing its self almost always calms me back down. I've also tried my hand at knitting a time or two, but crocheting is usually my yarn-craft of choice. At least for now. I think I just know more people who crochet so I have more experience with it. And more people to help me if I get stuck.

I don't think I'll have a problem fulfilling this "good-wife"ly duty. Especially down the road {you know, in 20 years or so ;)} when a baby might be on the way. I always find the cutest sewing projects for babies... dresses, toys, nursery things, you name it. But for now I'll just stick with clothes and homey decorations, how's that sound? Excellent?? I think so too! :)

Here's some recent things I've done...

This is the scarf I made for Ender, Derek's Scottie. {Derek thought he needed a scarf :)}



I know, I know. You've already seen this. But I really like it! haha
Sorry for the poor photo quality. This is a before and after I did. It's kinda hard to tell, but this was a big, boxy, ugly DAV shirt. I slimmed it down and made it a v-neck. Cause I liked the polka dots! :)
Again, I know this is a horrible picture. Sorry. I actually made a couple cuter aprons, but I forgot to take pictures. And they were gifts. So sad.  I love aprons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment